Tuesday 29 July 2008

Purple pics


A Geranium like one already in the Common Room


Black Elder in flower. This picture cannot begin to show the beauty of this seen from the upstairs windows of the house, when the light is right. It is a joy all spring and summer.


This close-up probably gives a better idea of how beautiful it is


Does Catmint attract cats or put them off? We do not have problems with them (cats) in the front garden, where this is. They will stalk the birds in the back where they are fed. They are mostly ferals - but nice and plump!

Unfortunately the Buddleaea (spelt wrongly) and other lovely purples are not yet out in this Northern outpost.

3 comments:

snailbeachshepherdess said...

Admiring your black elder withy ...do you ever make Elderflower cordial from the flowers? I know that they make an amazing pink cordial which is fantastic with G & T or white wine.

Cait O'Connor said...

My buddliae are just flowering now and attracting the butterflies. My purple geranium has taken over I am afraid. I have not seen black elder before.

Exmoorjane said...

My garden seems predominantly pink at the moment sadly (I do love purple) though I can spy some spikes of buddleia through the deluge of rain! jxx