Sunday 15 June 2008

A happy Sunday

I have had a lovely Sunday.

To start with, we had Holy Communion in our little church. The average number is 7, but today there were 12 people present and our Vicar asked me to admisnister the wine, which always gives me great pleasure.

The rest of the day was spent at the one-day, 50 over, cricket match between England and New Zealand at the Riverside - where we went to a Test Match last year. We met the queue for the match as we left the A1 which filled us with dread but the police have got it so well organised that we kept moving mostly and were soon in the car park. The pedestrian queue to get in looked pretty daunting too but again it moved quite fast. The examination of our bags was very cursery so they did not discover the National Trust cutlery sets, with knives in them! They were really looking for alcohol and there wasn't any of that - really - truly!
By the time we found our seats England were batting and had lost 1 wicket. I had not been to a match like this before - not a pair of white trousers in sight - a white ball - and funny rules - but cricket all the same and some of it really fast and exciting. And England won! The sun shone occasionally, it wasn't too cold in between, just a chilly wind and IT DIDN'T RAIN! A lovely day.

And to finish off, a happy time having a look at Purple Coo.

2 comments:

Frances said...

Withy, it does sound like a beautiful Sunday. (Imagine me in the shop all day! But at least my staff and I helped other folks to have a happy afternoon.

Day off for me tomorrow!
xo

Exmoorjane said...

Still don't begin to understand cricket (though now James is playing I suspect I will be forced to learn the rules). I don't like all the coloured kit at all - surely cricket should be played in 'white'??