Sunday 16 September 2007

A Rainbow

This morning, as I went up to Church in a very fine drizzle with the sun out, there was a rainbow. This was a rainbow such as I had never seen before. It was absolutely symetrical but only came half way to the ground. It seemed to be riding on 2 clouds. Of course, the first thing I thought of was that the Bridge Builder, recently taken from us, was either desperately needed by God, or he had started work and had had to remove alot from the bottom on each side, before tackling the rebuilding.
Jacko - please don't think I am being un-feeling, if you read this. Quite the opposite. Your lovely idea about why God should want to take your Father so early had moved me deeply and some-how, seeing a rainbow in a form never before seen by me, made me think of you all and carry you on up to church with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rainbows are such magical forms of nature. I try to capture them as much as possible just to compare others.

Crystal xx

Cait O'Connor said...

Oh how lovely. A few of us will look at rainbows with new eyes now won't we?
Thanks for sharing yours.
Caitx

Inthemud said...

I love Rainbows, and was interested in your thoughts re the bridge builder, never seen a sight like you described, very spiritual

Suffolkmum said...

Gorgeous. I saw a double rainbow recently, they are so magical.