Friday 14 September 2007

Today I had to visit my doctor to OK my repeat prescriptions and have my blood pressure taken. The BP was fine and the prescriptions were OK'd. The reason for mentioning it here, is that when I registered my presence, I was asked to fill in a questionaire. Being a mug, of course I agreed. Can you believe it? - this is a patient comment on one's doctor, nurses and the surgery in general. I wouldn't mind, but they have to provide 50 questionaires for each doctor and nurse in the practice EVERY YEAR. I agree that patient feedback is very important, but isn't this over-doing it? Anyway, I was very kind though I did object to the complete close-down every day for 1 1/2 hours for lunch and 2 1/2 hours on Tuesday for staff training. Surely they could manage some cover. We so often want to pick up repeat prescriptions after 12.00!

G's 2nd daughter S came to tea. Her husband was away flying a BA plane to somewhere. We did a walk round the garden and I took my camera to update my pic of the lilies. The gable end behind the picture gives some idea of the height of the white lily. The pink one is now almost fully out. They have to be waited for but are well worth it when they come. The white one is now 3 (from 1)!
I also took one of this Astilbe(?) which is growing in the boggy part of my small wild-life pond. It is currently most impressive, though that is perhaps not the right word as it is not large!

And now England is being thrashed by S. Africa. As I can't bear to watch I'm on here with you lovely lot. G keeps updating me - I DON'T WANT TO HEAR!!!

3 comments:

toady said...

Agree the rugby was a cringer. I could hear OH cussing and screaming at the telly so kept out of the way. Is that lovely lily a late flowering variety or is it geography made it flower so late. As you say well worth waiting for.
Toady

Withy Brook said...

I think it is a combination of geography and the year. It has been out for quite a long time too. There was originally one, now there are 3 which is most satisfying. How many next year?

Suffolkmum said...

Beautiful lilies. I haven't had much success with lilies, but I do love them.